This Classroom Activities: Planaria Regeneration Activity activity & project also includes:
Observe a flatworm as it regenerates its own head. A laboratory exploration asks learners to cut a planaria worm at different locations and then observe it regenerate. Using data collected during the exploration, they make conclusions about the regeneration capabilities of the worm.
- Research additional species that have the regeneration trait
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Pupils must observe the planaria over a period of two weeks
- Provides a teacher guide to help plan for instruction
- Offers additional resources to provide instructional content