This Clay Animal Whistles activity & project also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate North Carolina pottery history by creating clay animal whistles, a traditional leisure activity in the region. They research a particular animal and jot down its attributes to include in their project. Find step-by-step photographed images to guide you and your class through the project, as well as inspiring finished examples.
- Hold an art gallery to show off these projects after weeks of work
- Pair with a state or art history lesson
- Complete this yourself before diving in, as there are a lot of pitfall areas that would be best ironed out with experience
- Includes a student-completed rubric as well as a teacher-completed rubric