This Climate Change Impacts on Ecosystem Services lesson plan also includes:
The fourth activity in a series of five has classes participate in a jigsaw to learn about global impacts of climate change and then share their new information with a home group. Groups then research impacts of climate change (droughts, floods, extreme weather, etc.) for a particular region of the world and present their findings to the class.
- A great culminating activity for a unit on climate change
- Materials needed are simply handouts, one computer/group, and a pen/pencil
- Depending upon the length of presentations, the length of classes, and efficiency of groups, the duration of the activity could be four to six class periods
- Lesson includes individual worksheets, extension ideas, fact sheets, and directions
- Fact sheets were written for seniors in high school but have been revised to a seventh/eighth grade level