This Climate Educator Guide lesson plan also includes:
Climate change is a hot topic in the news. Class members examine carbon dioxide data to analyze trends of our atmospheric makeup over time. They also discuss climate and climate change, and determine how these changes are affecting life on Earth.
- Use during a unit on climate to introduce climate change
- Ask pupils to write about what they learned to assess their knowledge
- Young scientists must interview someone in the community about climate change; if learners do not have someone to interview, ask fellow teachers if they would be willing to participate and be interviewed
- Includes a climate basics reading sheet and accompanying questions
- Activity asks learners to interview an elder in their community about climate, so there is a great social aspect; individuals also gain a great skill—interviewing
- Lesson walks teachers through the activity step-by-step, making this a ready-to-go resource