This Close Reading to Learn about Lyddie’s Character lesson plan also includes:
Scholars work in pairs to analyze the characters, plot, and setting of Katherine Paterson's novel, Lyddie. Next, they apply what they learned about the characters' feelings and motivation to perform a mini reader's theater.
2 Collections 3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Provide several examples to illustrate the difference between effect and affect
- Have individuals create a collage based on characters from the novel
- This is lesson four of 20 from the consecutive Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Offers strategies for differentiation
- Includes a helpful close reading guide for teacher reference