This Cloud in a Bottle activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Perhaps one day humans will learn to control the weather. Future scientists simulate clouds and fog in a plastic bottle. They conduct an experiment where they place smoke and hot water in the bottle, then squeeze and release repeatedly. During the experiment, they consider how temperature and pressure affect condensation.
- Invite an earth scientist to give a presentation to the class
- Requires a plastic bottle, hot water, and a match
- For younger pupils, be sure to go over safety procedures when using matches
- Includes optional extension activities
- Describes some background information about the underlying science concepts