This Coda: What Gives This Story Power? Re-Examining Powerful Stories lesson plan also includes:
Writers consider what makes a story powerful as they listen to a short story about Frederick Douglass. Once finished, small groups complete a worksheet to analyze what makes the story so enduring.
1 Collection 3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- As a pre-reading strategy, invite pupils to share about the most influential story or poem they've ever read
- Lesson 11 from the consecutive 12-part Grade 7 ELA Module 3, Unit 3 series
- Requires the Powerful Stories anchor chart from Unit 1, Lesson 1
- Provides opportunities for differentiated instruction
- Includes teaching notes with useful tips and reminders