This Color Variation Over Time in Rock Pocket Mouse Populations activity & project also includes:
While many mutations are neutral, those that appear advantageous increase in frequency in a population. Scholars use illustrations to make predictions about populations of mice. They follow it up with a video to confirm or refute their hypotheses and, finally, analyze the data in charts and graphs to answer analysis questions.
- Review bar graphs highlighting which variable goes on which axis
- Focus on the mutation not being related to an outside stimulus
- Relies on prior knowledge of traits, inherited traits, survival, reproduction, niches, and food webs
- Includes a complete answer key
- Links to an extension idea for more advanced classes