Humans can only see visible light, but some insects can see ultraviolet light. Through a simulation, pupils explore how we see colors using one bulb. It moves on to demonstrate how we see colors by mixing three different bulbs (red, blue, green). Participants can mix the three bulb colors to produce any color of the rainbow. They can also manipulate filters of different colors.
- Ask pairs or groups to create specific colors with their red, blue, and green lights
- When teachers register for free, they gain access to teacher tips, lesson plans, and other related activities
- Simulation best fits upper elementary or middle school learners
- Simulation is easy to use
- Engaging for pupils to manipulate colors to demonstrate what hue is "seen"