This Color Vision Genetics Evolution Simulation lesson plan also includes:
At one point, all mammals carried only two color receptors, but now most humans carry three. An informative presentation and hands-on activity demonstrate how this evolved through genetics. By participating in the activity, pupils observe how six simulated generations develop a shifting vision pattern.
- Add the many new vocabulary words to science journals
- Allow 45 minutes for set up and preparation of the lesson
- Requires a minimum of 20 students to complete the lesson
- Activity incorporates some selective pressures that prevent some from breeding before dying for increased accuracy in the simulation
- Provides an extension about the new discovery of humans with four color receptors
- Entertaining and memorable activity helps content come to life