This Colour by Numbers–Image Representation lesson plan also includes:
How do computers store and send images? Here's an activity that explains one way a computer can compress image information. Pupils decode run-length coding to produce a black and white image. Pairs then work together to code and decode their own images.
- Discuss with the class what people create with pixels
- Start the activity by either having the class read "What's it all about?" or a presentation about compression
- Some pupils may not know about faxes
- An extension activity provides a suggestion on how to make color images
- The videos provide examples of how to use the data compression method