Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Introduce your class to the steps that occur in the manufacturing of parts, the assembly, and the testing of a Mars rover. Pupils learn about fabrication techniques and tolerances in the manufacturing process.
6 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Search for videos showing rovers undergoing construction or testing
- Have a machinist come talk to the class
- The lesson requires basic knowledge about Mars rovers
- The fifth in a 13-part series
- The resource includes assessments for before, during, and after the lesson
- The background information provides interesting facts about manufacturing
- The resource does not provide clear guidance on how to present the material to the class