This Community lesson plan also includes:
What is a community? Find out with a instructional activity that sheds light onto the different types of communities—school, local, and global. Scholars read informational text detailing the life of a young girl from Cape Verde and take part in a discussion in order to define and answer the instructional activity's driving question.
- For applicable age groups, pose discussion questions on a classroom blog
- If classroom jobs are not already in place, implement a helper system that allows class members to perform a role, such as line leader or morning greeter
- Invite pupils to share their family's custom and traditions orally or in written form to give peers a look into other communities
- Requires copies, the amount varies depending on whether you project the letter and worksheet or offer learners a copy of their own
- Offers notes to teacher for a successful lesson implementation
- Lists four extension activities