This Community Spotlight Cards activity & project also includes:
Not all heroes wear capes—or cleats. Class members identify unsung heroes in their schools or towns for interviews, then create trading cards. A celebration including presentations or trading of cards completes their investigation of local heroes and helpers.
- Interview school and community members about their roles
- Develop trading cards for school and community heroes
- Learners may need access to technology or in-person access to conduct interviews
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Project creates community connections
- Activities build verbal and writing skills