For a change, order does not matter. A short video provides a definition of the commutative property of addition. Pupils develop an understanding that—unlike some operations—order does not matter for addition problems.
7 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- For more advanced classes, lead a discussion on whether the property holds for all types of numbers
- Have class members keep graphic organizers for each property of addition
- Individuals should know how to do basic addition
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses a counting problem to illustrate the property
- Includes links to other addition property videos