Walk your class through the process of writing compare and contrast essays with this easy-to-use graphic organizer. After first using the included Venn diagram to record the similarities and differences between two subjects, learners then receive guidance with organizing the information into a piece of original writing.
- This worksheet can be used to write compare and contrast essays in any subject area
- Provide students with a general topic (e.g. presidents of the United States, types of animals, characters in a novel) and allow them to choose specific subjects to compare and contrast
- Adjust the length and complexity of this writing assignment to meet the abilities of your class
- Venn diagram is clearly labeled and includes lines for recording the similarities and differences between two subjects
- Worksheet suggests two different approaches students can use when writing their compare and constrast essays