This Comparing and Ordering Irrational Numbers on a Number Line handout & reference also includes:
Estimating the value of numbers is much harder than it sounds! Scholars compare and order the value of numbers presented in different forms including fractions, decimals, roots, integers, and pi. This builds on the previous lessons in the seven-part series.
- Use the practice problems for board work to quickly check for understanding
- Viewing the video requires the Internet access
- Requires the ability to approximate the value of a root and fraction
- Builds on the previous lessons in the seven-part series
- Includes a set of practice problems with a good variety of question types and provides an answer key for them
- Does not give examples of real-life application or purpose