This Comparing Lines and Linear Equations lesson plan also includes:
Scholars first complete an assessment task on writing linear equations to model and solve a problem on a running race. They then take part in a card matching activity where they match equations and graphs of lines to diagrams of fluid flowing out of a container.
- Use the second task, The Walk-a-Thon, as homework
- Construct a container like the one described in the resource to show in class
- Prior preparation (cutting up cards for activity) is necessary
- Professional-looking graphs and diagrams engage pupils
- Resource includes a table of common issues and suggestions for how to guide pupils toward understanding