This Completing the Square interactive also includes:
Determine the area of a square with quadratics. Pupils use the interactive to visualize the process of completing the square. Scholars build a square area model to represent a quadratic expression then determine the amount that needs to be added to make a complete square.
- Use algebra tiles to complete the square using the same process as the interactive
- Lead a discussion on whether completing the square works if b is odd
- The class should be familiar with area models for multiplication
- Requires a CK-12 account to access, which is free
- Uses colors to show the areas in the quadratic expression
- Provides hints for the problems