This Compliment a Character lesson plan also includes:
Compliments are true, specific, and positive. Crafting those compliments can be a challenge. Graciously accepting a compliment can also be a challenge. The first lesson in the Health Smart series designed for sixth graders provides them with an opportunity to craft, deliver, and accept compliments.
- Have class members create a special binder to store the journals, handouts, worksheets, and materials they will create over the course of the unit
- Laminate the Character Cards to permit reuse
- Presumes class members are familiar with the Disney characters featured on the character cards
- Requires color copies and glue sticks
- Using fictional characters provides learners with a safe way to practice