This Composite Solids: Lesson video also includes:
Combine the formulas to arrive at one volume. Using the formulas for different solids, the video introduces finding the volume of composite solids. The portion of an extensive playlist on geometry works a couple of problems, one with an additive process and one with a subtractive process.
- Ask class members to create composite solids and swap with a classmate to calculate the volume
- Assumes pupils already know the surface area and volume formulas for 3-D shapes
- Expects individuals know the Pythagorean Theorem
- Reviews the surface area and volume formulas for solids
- Links to practice problems and more videos with composite solids