Young scientists create a compost bag, predict changes, and after one month, examine the bag to observe the changes that have occurred.
44 Views 26 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Include a direction sheet for composting in take-home folders for those families interested in starting their own compost bins
- The activity comes with clear warnings about the safe handling of the compost bag
- The packet includes a richly detailed plan, prediction and data collection sheets, discussion questions, and extensions
- After observing and discussing the changes, kids repeat the experiment
- The activity comes with a mold warning