What should go in the trash, and what can be composted? Guide your young conservationists through the process of composing their trash with a instructional activity about the different ways we can dispose of garbage. Using a trash bag with clean garbage, demonstrate which items go into a blue recycling box, a green compost box, or the trash can, before assigning kids to be compost monitors for the class.
- Great for an Earth Day lesson or to use throughout the school year
- Combine with a class garden unit
- Have kids form theories about what can be composted, and see who is correct at the end of the lesson
- Assign research projects for learners to find out what conservation efforts are available and encouraged in their communities
- Lesson references a handout which is not available
- Easy to understand for all learners