How do databases store and retrieve information? The activities in the resource provide fundamental concepts of databases by introducing an approach that teaches the basics without using computers. The pupils act as the actual data that are sorted within the database by using a series of questions.
- Use the human database activity appropriate to the skill level of the class
- While doing the human databases activity, have pupils stand if the search criteria is true for them and sit if it is false
- Know information about the each class member that makes them different from their classmates
- The lessons provide a kinaesthetic way of learning about databases
- The information has been modified based upon feedback from several schools and participants