This Computing Difference Quotients - Concept video also includes:
Taking precalculus will make finding tangents secant nature! Many people are confused by using difference quotients with limits in a derivative, and these videos help break it into smaller pieces. Leaving out the derivative and the limits, the presenter demonstrates how to simplify difference quotients into a simple slope formula for a secant line.
- After watching the instructional video, have class members attempt to solve the first example problem before watching the narrator solve it step by step; use the second and third example problems the same way
- Video best fits as an introduction to difference quotients and secant lines
- Requires a computer with Internet access and flash to work properly
- Includes a very clear step-by-step explanation
- Contains three guided practice problems