This Conference Tables assessment also includes:
Pupils analyze a pattern of conference tables to determine the number of tables needed and the number of people that can be seated for a given size. Individuals develop general formulas for the two growing number patterns and use them to solve problems.
- If space allows, have the class arrange tables and physically see the number of people that can sit at the different configurations
- Compare the different formulas for the number of tables and the number of people to find the relationship with the diagrams
- The class should be familiar with writing linear equations
- Includes an instructional guide on a way to use the task in the classroom
- Provides a description of common misunderstandings associated with different scores