This Confidence in Salaries in Petroleum Engineering lesson plan also includes:
Just how confident can we be with statistics calculated from a sample? Learners take this into account as they look at data from a sample of petroleum engineer salaries. They analyze the effect sample size has on a margin of error and confidence intervals.
- Incorporate as an exploration of margin of error
- Requires an online applet
- The activity uses a specific set of materials, including a deck of cards and large number lines
- Includes a student handout to follow through the activity
- Provides all necessary background information and data needed for the activity