This Congruent Triangles lesson plan also includes:
Is this enough to show the two triangles are congruent? Small groups work through different combinations of constructing triangles from congruent parts to determine which combinations create only congruent triangles. Participants use the discovered congruences to develop two-column proofs related to congruent triangles.
- Provide several opportunities to practice developing proofs
- Lead a discussion about what it takes to show triangles are congruent
- Pupils should be familiar with the concept of proofs
- Includes an instructor reference for the first activity page
- Contains differentiation suggestions