This Consciousness video also includes:
Conscious, unconscious, subconscious? Consciousness is the focus of the eighth video in a psychology course, and for his purposes, the narrator defines consciousness as "our awareness of ourselves and our environment." Aspects examined in the fast-paced lecture are selective attention, selective inattention, and change blindness.
- Due to the volume of information included in the video, consider using it as an overview that can be followed by group activities and whole class discussions
- The explanations, although delivered at a very rapid pace, are concise and illustrated with animated images
- Do view the Invisible Gorilla video
- The video ends with a review of key concepts covered
- Preview the captions to determine if they are appropriate for your classroom setting
- The amount of information packed into the video and the rapid-paced delivery may overwhelm some viewers