Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Trying to plan an engaging elementary science unit on natural resources? Conserve your energy! This five-part series of lessons and hands-on activities has exactly what you need to teach young scholars about the importance of conservation.
672 Views 378 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Complete these lessons as a series, or choose a couple to integrate into an existing environmental science unit on natural resources
- Teach these lessons during the week of Earth Day
- Lessons involve shared readings of numerous children's books that can be found in your school or local public library
- Resource offers a list of recommended children's books to supplement into these lessons
- Each lesson offers ideas for activities that extend student learning
- Provides instructions for creating a science journal that students use during this unit
- Includes a script for a play that engages children in learning about natural resources
- Background information is provided with each lesson to support teachers
- Graphic Organizer
- Graphics & Images
- Teacher Reference