This Constructing Dilations handout & reference also includes:
Pupils multiply the vertical and horizontal distances from the center of dilation by the scale factor. The independent practice prompts the class to analyze the relationship between the image and pre-image. The lesson is part three in a 11-part unit on congruence and similarity.
- Have pupils work in pairs and compare their dilations with each other
- See if the class can determine the relationship between the distance on the ray from the center of dilation to the pre-image and the distance from the center of dilation to the image
- Some individuals will use the points of the pre-image to count from instead of the center of dilation
- The lesson is part three in an 11-part unit on congruence and similarity
- The video provides guidance on how to determine whether a scale factor causes the image to shrink or enlarge
- The resource relies on direct instruction as the primary mode of instruction