This Constructing SSS Triangles video also includes:
Creating a triangles is as easy as 5, 6, 7. Using a ruler and compass to measure off lengths, a short video shows how to construct a triangle with three specific side lengths. The example creates a triangle with side lengths of 5 cm, 6 cm, and 7 cm. Class members then practice the skills independently.
- Lead a discussion on the difference between drawing and constructing
- Have the pupils predict whether all of their triangles will be the same
- Worksheets contain practice for other methods of constructing triangles
- Explains why the presenter uses the method to determine the lengths
- Provides space on the worksheet to create the triangles