Continue a study of calculus by using a slideshow to introduce the concept of continuity. After defining the term, the presentation provides examples of functions that are discontinuous and introduces different types of discontinuities--removable, jump, oscillating, and infinite.
- Use the slideshow to introduce continuity
- The slideshow is a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, so be sure your computer can open a .pptx extension
- The slideshow only covers continuity at a point, not over an interval
- Red is used to indicate parts of the definition of continuity that are not satisfied by a function allowing pupils to easily determine whether a function is continuous
- Each part of the definition of continuity appears separately, allowing for discussion before the solutions appear