This Converting between Metric Units for Area video also includes:
If one meter is 100 centimeters, how many square centimeters is equal to one square meter? Hint: the answer isn't 100! How many pupils make this mistake? A video lesson calculates the conversion factor of the common metric area units. After discussing the conversion factors, the presenter demonstrates how to convert from one square unit to another.
- Create a graphic organizer that sorts linear, square, and cubic units
- Have learners draw a picture to show the dimensions of the area for each conversion
- An understanding of area calculations is essential to understanding the content of the lesson
- Provides an explanation of the conversion factor prior to the examples
- Includes a resource for independent practice