For, and, nor... Spend some time getting coordinating conjunctions just right with your class. Included here are three exercises to practice using these seven connecting words correctly; each instructional activity includes a fun image and plenty of opportunities to apply grammatical knowledge.
- Use the three exercises as homework assignments or warm-ups
- Invite learners to work with partners to complete the exercises (the first and third in particular would work as partner exercises)
- Some of the mistakes in the first exercise are a bit tricky, and the third exercise is more challenging than it looks
- Requires pupils to not only identify misuse of coordinating conjunctions, but also to use them in original writing
- Includes three different exercises
- Answer key is not included