This Copyright and Fair Use lesson plan also includes:
When is using someone else's copyrighted material appropriate? Learn about copyright and fair use with a instructional activity from PBS.org. Scholars read through a reference sheet about authors' rights and users' rights, and then create posters for a journalism class to remind classmates about fair use policies.
- Use in a unit about compiling video clips or creating news packages
- Helpful for a journalism class or video editing unit
- Does not provide a clear activity beyond discussion and creating a poster
- Prompts learners to think critically about the content they view and use
- Provides a thorough reference sheet that guides learners through fair use