This Could the Earth Be Swallowed By a Black Hole? video also includes:
A black hole exists only a couple of thousand light years away from Earth. Should we be scared, or does that mean we are safe? Learn about the perspective of black holes and their relationship with Earth and the larger universe. After enjoying a short video, a few multiple-choice and short-answer questions prepare viewers for in-class discussions.
- Learn more about current research in this area here
- Requires a free TedEd account
- Relies on prior knowledge of black holes, the galaxy, and our solar system
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Links to other high-quality science lessons