This Counting Circles lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Learners look at bands of colors and estimate how many rings of color there are. While working in groups, they come up with a plan of how to accurately count the rings. They attempt to find a pattern in the colors, and decide whether each color is equal in diameter.
- Create your own presentation with the provided images so that your class can view the artwork in greater detail
- A lot of rich mathematical thinking and discussion should take place among your students from engaging in this nice plan that combines mathematics and visual art
- Comes with discussion questions, vocabulary, a rubric, and more to support and enrich the plan
- There isn't much provided to help your class discuss the model art; the plan simply says to discuss a painting