Energy from the sun travels millions of miles, and actually helps you move your thumb. Observe how reactions work together to release and consume energy, such as the power of a river grinding grains, which allows processes to occur. The resource explores the coupled reactions that occur between the sun and humans moving their thumbs to finish the lesson.
- After the video, have learners research to find more examples of coupled reactions found within the human body
- Place learners in pairs and during video, have them record four coupled reactions that occur between the energy of the sun and them holding up their thumb then discuss
- Classroom must have a computer, projection system, and Internet access to show the video
- Part 14 in a series of 37
- Great analogy of a water wheel used to power something else engages learners
- Very interesting discussion involving how the energy from the sun goes to your thumb