Share this video with your class and explore the conditions that make covalent bonding possible. Examining the complex series of attractive and repulsive forces that exist between atoms, this video explains how at just the right distance certain elements will share their electrons with others, bonding them together.
- Include this video in a high school chemistry unit on the different types of chemical bonds
- Create a note-taking guide for the class to complete as they watch the video
- Assign this video to your students as a homework exercise in your flipped classroom
- Video begins with a list of the concepts being covered
- Graphs and atomic models are displayed throughout the video that visually support content being presented
- The presenter's handwriting can be a little sloppy at times, but is still legible