This Crazy Pool Vortex video also includes:
Tornadoes, hurricanes, whirlpools, and water going down the drain all contain of a vortex. The video demonstrates how to create two vortices that travel together the length of a swimming pool. It explains the physics behind the concept and adds some color, literally, to amaze viewers. Then the video explains how this relates to vortices in nature.
- Discuss if this concept might relate to black holes
- Challenge scholars to discus what would happen if you used a large ring, like a Frisbee ring instead of a plate
- Makes a great introduction to fluid dynamics
- Includes closed captioning in seven languages for ELLs
- Presenter's enthusiasm increases viewers' interest