This Create a City activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What is the purpose of a city charter? What services do local governments provide to their citizens? Is there an ideal way for citizens to behave? Approach these often overlooked yet important questions with your class members by having them work in groups to design their own new cities.
- Incorporate an opportunity for class members to research their own local governments as a model for their work on the project
- Though initially designed for North Carolina, the project can be adapted to other areas
- Guidelines allow learners to consider key features of a city, including charter, environment, and election of officials
- Clear step-by-step instructional guidelines