This Create a Fish lesson plan also includes:
Don't just teach learners to fish, but to create fish. The class discusses fish heads and predicts whether where the fish might live and what it eats. Given an index card with a fish adaptation written on it, pupils construct an imaginary fish that has a particular adaptation.
- Provide several images of fish that use different adaptations
- Sort images of fish based on lining area and find commonalities
- Requires having several varieties of art supplies to create the fish
- Includes several ideas of adaptations
- Provides information for teachers on adaptations of real fish for survival