This Create Your Own Constellation Mini-Project activity & project also includes:
When looking up at the night sky, there are many familiar constellations that most people can identify. However, someone had to point those out and create the related mythology. Put your pupils in the place of the creators and invite them to make their own constellations and compose related myths to go with their constellation. The project brings together science and writing and includes a list of clear requirements.
- Project procedure is explicitly listed
- Cross-curricular assignment allows for creativity while tapping into space science concepts
- There is a lot of extra credit offered in the basic rubric, which can be kept or easily removed
- Some pupils will need more scaffolding for the writing portion of the assignment
- Teacher will need to acquire some materials that are only vaguely described