This Creating a Map to My House activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a simple assignment that will introduce your young geographers to location, one of the five themes of geography, through an activity in which they map the directions and lines of latitude/longitude of where they live.
146 Views 123 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- As an extension activity, project the locations using Google maps or other online navigation applications, and practice how to find north, south, east, and west
- Have learners add images of the locations they find that are on their lines of latitude and longitude
- It would be helpful if the instructor comes prepared with maps for the class to use or alternative methods of finding the lines of latitude/longitude of a specific location
- Very simple and engaging assignment that is ready to administer