This Creating Classroom Rules lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Perfect for establishing classroom protocols, this activity gets even the youngest learners thinking about rules and their consequences. The lesson begins with a discussion and a reading of the poem Humpty Dumpty that gets youngsters thinking about what rules they have at school and home, as well as why they are important. Then youngsters complete an art project about personal differences before ultimately deciding on rules that will work for everyone in their class.
- Post the art projects along with the class rules about the classroom
- Requires a copy of Shane Derolf's The box of Crayons that Talked
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Links are provided to the templates used in the lesson
- Includes assessment strategies, extensions, and suggestions for adaptations