Scientists know of almost 10,000 different species of sponges. Listen to a passionate female scientists describe her work as a taxonomist for sponges. She demonstrates an experiment in the ocean off Indonesia and shares her passion for the unique creatures in an informational video.
- Map the areas where sponges live
- Before the video, discuss what it takes for scientists to consider something an animal and if they should consider sponges animals at all
- Video permits streaming, downloading, and sharing as needed
- Designed to integrate with Google classroom
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms