Skilled readers know that any author's argument must be carefully analyzed and evaluated. Assist youngsters in their reading pursuits with a video about logical fallacies, including circular reasoning, straw man arguments, and false causes. Additionally, learners see the difference between stating facts and opinions in the course of an argument.
- Break up the video at opportune moments to reinforce specific concepts
- Bring in political fliers or advertisements for products, and prompt your class to find the logical fallacies
- The ninth in a 10-video series
- A good introduction to a unit on logical fallacies and propaganda techniques
- Clear delineates the ways an author's point can be faulty
- The video is not particularly engaging