This resource also includes:
- Sexual Harassment Survey
- What They've Experienced
- National Study Finds Widespread Sexual Harassment of Students in Grades 7 to 12
- Have You Experienced Sexual Harassment?
- What Should We Do to Fight Sexual Violence Against Young Women?
- Rape and Sexual Violence
- Rape Case Unfolds on Web and Splits City
- ‘Thanks for Ruining My Life’
- Join to access all included materials
Sexual harassment and sexual violence are by no means new issues. What has changed is the role of social media in these issues. This powerful and troubling lesson uses a specific rape case to launch research into a discussion of the wider implications and consequences of recording, posting, and sharing sexual situations. Preview all the materials and consider the culture of your classroom and community before using this carefully scaffolded investigation in your classroom.
- The topic is treated respectfully and in a sensitive manner
- Links to related articles are provided
- Class members can post their thoughts on the Learning Network
- Requires a safe classroom environment where rules and boundaries have been established for the respectful discussion of sensitive issues