What is an air current, and what does it have to do with the sun? This is the focus of a video that explains how air currents are driven by the sun's energy to high and low pressure areas.
1 Collection 4 Views 5 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- After viewing, have class members research the major ocean and air currents, mapping out their direction of flow
- The 17th in a series of 22 videos that discuss Earth's spheres and natural resources
- Concepts from the previous videos are reviewed at the beginning of the episode
- An investigation demonstrates how air and ocean currents move around the world
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards